Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

STATUS UPDATE #1: I RESOLVE...

I made it a point to share my resolutions this year in the hopes that it would make me accountable to people I don't know along with those who are rooting for me. My SMART GOALS consisted of losing baby weight, being more positive and less judgmental, working on my photography hobby, helping others with projects, and potentially following my voice over dream


Here's the status update:


LOSE BABY WEIGHT
Since January, I'm down about 20 pounds. I'm very happy with this result. My method is Weight Watchers. I do need to exercise more. Working on that, but I'm having issues managing my time. I'm about 20 pounds away from my pre-baby weight, but hey, I can fit in my pre-baby jeans, so I'm feeling good. I CAN DO IT!


POSITIVITY
Since starting a new job in April, I think my positivity level has increased based on the excitement and newness of the role. Working with a new team helps me focus on breaking bad habits and starting new ones. Leading by example and taking a fresh perspective on new projects and people makes me feel inspired, challenged, and energized. I just need more time in the day! I'm a lover of change. IT IS ALL GOOD! 


PHOTOGRAPHY
In March, I signed up for an online class, Discovering Digital Photography, and I just successfully took my final. It was a little too remedial for me, but I had to start somewhere. The next class planned is Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, which I'll start at the end of June. My prime subject continues to be Cate, who will be eight months this week. 


PEOPLE PROJECTS
This is a work in progress. So far, I've assisted in multiple projects for family and friends from gardening, cleaning out rooms and closets, and organizing. I also decided to incorporate more volunteerism and community involvement in to this goal, so I recently added my name to the "available volunteer" list for the United Way.


VOICE OVER WORK
Still working on this. I have some leads, but need to make a demo tape. I am free labor at this point. Hopefully I'll have a chance to do some work for my actual job. I need to get rid of this St. Louis/Chicago accent!

2 comments:

  1. Creve Coeur Camera has good photography classes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your pass your final is that the beginning?

    ReplyDelete